Sunday, July 20, 2014

Everglades National Park Memories of a Better Day...

Although I'm very happy in Nj because career wise, it's the way the go, I yearn for the simple days of fishing and paddling the Everglades. I told my wife if I die before her to cremate my body, put the ashes in a "Bustelo" coffee can, transport the ashes to my favorite fishing honey hole in the Everglades National Park (ENP) and spread my ashes there. I truly love that place and spend many hours paddling and fishing there either alone or with a few and I do mean few buddies that dared to venture out into the mosquito infested backcountry mangroves. I was going to say alligator infested but trust me the bugs were more to recon with. A day in the ENP was guaranteed stress relief! Problem about NJ is that you can't get away from civilization. ENP you were miles out and away from the roads, people and anything that can make your blood pressure rise. Enchanting and majestic, I was in love with this place and hope to one day be close (when I win the lotto).

Then there is the fishing...

Mud Lake 26in Snook, notice the head net...
Bear Lake baby tarpon caught by Adolfo
Snake Bight redfish caught in 6 inches of water
Sea Trout caught in "Tin Can" by Eddie

That makes up and Everglades "Grand Slam" but among those fish we caught Groupers, Snappers, Black Drum, Sheepshead and Many more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment